Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe, minus a little tweaking, came from the Gooseberry Patch 'family favorite recipes' cookbooklet, 2005, that I received in a cookbook swap recently! The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of seeded & minced jalapeno pepper, but that was way too much for me, so . . . Preparation time does not include time needed to chill!
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup pineapple, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Serve with chips, as a dip or spread onto halved or quartered toasted bread.