Recipe by becy
This is a South East Asian inspired dish. You can use other types of fish besides trout but I think it works best this way. I've used cod before for this. The flavours merge wonderfully in the coconut milk... Very nice with sticky rice.
- 1 fillet rainbow trout
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 3 cm gingerroot
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 small red chili
- 2 spring onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the coconut milk and chicken stock in a pan on a medium heat.
- Crush the end of the lemon grass stalk and add to pan.
- Roughly slice ginger (leave skin on) and add to pan.
- Thinly slice kaffir lime leaves and add to pan.
- Thinly slice chillis and add to pan.
- Add palm sugar and fish sauce to pan.
- Let mixture simmer for twenty minutes so that the flavours infuse in the liquid. Do not boil.
- Slice fish fillet into large pieces.
- Add fish to pan and cook gently for another ten or fifteen minutes until fish is cooked.
- Add the chopped up spring onions, coriander and the lime juice, stir to combine for a few minutes.
- Remove lemon grass stalk and ginger pieces.