Recipe by coconutcream
A colorful treat to brighten up your dinner table or provide a healthy snack.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made these for a Xmas playgroup party in the shape of stars. While these looked really pretty I thought that they lacked a bit of flavour and were a bit dry. I love the idea of this though so next time may try adding something like apple sauce or juice instead of the water. Thanks!
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fruit Loops cereal (you can leave the Trix as is) or 1 1⁄2 cups trix cereal, broken into small pieces but not crushed (you can leave the Trix as is)
- 1⁄2 cup Fruit Loops cereal or 1⁄2 cup trix cereal, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare 12 standard muffin cups; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add margarine, egg, water, and 1.5 cups cereal. Mix until moistened.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of batter.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.