Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 7-Color Cuisine by Marcian Zimmerman. NO dairy! For less peppery taste, substitute all or replace some of the spring greens for the arugula.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spring greens
- 1⁄2 cup arugula
- 2 slices red apples, your choice to peel, seeded
- 2 slices yellow apples, your choice to peel, seeded
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, roasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (I used Trader Joe's orange scented dried cranberries)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Toast macadamia nuts until light golden and set aside to cool.
- Prepare salad dressing in glass jar. Set aside.
- Wash greens well and dry the leaves using salad spinner.
- Arrange greens on a salad plate and top with fruit and garnish with macadamia nuts. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and serve.