Recipe by looneytunesfan
Get the whole family in on the fun when decorating these dazzling cookies; the kids will love it!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assorted colored sugar sprinkle
- 1 (16 ounce) canprepared vanilla frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until well combined; stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap; chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to an 1/8-inch thickness. Using a large egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out oval shapes; place shapes on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until lightly browned around edges, 8-10 minutes. Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- 3. Place sugars in a colorful pattern on a plate. Working with a few cookies at a time, cover cookies with vanilla frosting. Before the frosting sets, carefully invert cookie and press into sugar design on plate. Carefully lift and place on flat surface to set. Repeat with remaining cookies, changing the design on the plate, if desired.