Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From a post on vegpeople.com. Original is vegan, but we like it with feta cheese. Serve over grains or pasta. We love it as pizza- crust, no sauce with a balsamic vinegar reduction dribbled over it. Can you say Yumm?
- 2 lbs rainbow chard leaves, ends trimmed (or other variety of Swiss chard)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the chard and add it to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. (You can also just braise it; it cooks in about the same time.)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the figs and pine nuts and cook until the pine nuts are lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the chard and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until warmed, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired.