Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This came from the Observer Food Monthly magazine.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 2 red chilies, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- oil, for frying
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Mix together the first six ingredients together to make the dipping sauce, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Dice the chicken breasts, then tumble with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon of the dipping sauce.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a shallow pool of oil in a wok, then fry the chicken nuggets in two batches for 3-4 minutes, draining on paper towel.
- Serve with the bowl of dipping sauce and some noodles, spring rolls or another Asian dish on the side.
Makes a very thin, salty and chile-hot sauce that definitely needs the accompanying spring rolls or noodles to appreciate. The chicken doesn't absorb much of it. Perhaps if the chicken were coated with corn starch before frying it could absorb more of the sauce.