Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Time-consuming home fries on my watch? Never! I had leftover potato "meat" from making potato skins so I made home fries with them, from 8 small potatoes without skins so that probably equals about 4 regular potatoes and 6 small ones. If you plan ahead on making home fries for breakfast, then you can pre-bake potatoes for this. Please note that cooking time does not account for baking the potatoes! This assumes that you have leftover baked potatoes and are using them this way. Raw or boiled potatoes will not work. This makes 1 large serving, if you plan on making enough for your family pre-bake more potatoes. NOTE: The amounts shown aren't an exact science, more to give you an idea and show that home fries can be made quickly :)
- In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the butter and add a couple shakes of Season-All, mix well.
- Add the potatoes and move them around with a spatula until they are coated with enough of the seasoned butter. Add more Season-All if it looks like there's not enough.
- On medium-high heat, let the potatoes sit for about 4-5 minutes or until one side is browned and crispy.
- Turn the potatoes over and let them cook 4-5 minutes on this side too, add more Season-All if need be.
- Serve and enjoy! Add more Season-All, plain salt, or pepper to taste.