Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this tonight and my family loved it, tasty, fast and cheap! Use chicken thighs or legs and remove the skin (or simply buy skinless). The original recipe is by Jean Pare, the recipe has been altered to suit my families tastes and our size (we are a family of 6) so it makes lots. So easy and great for those nights where we have sport/school commitments. Serve with rice.
- 2 kg chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh or from a can)
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place chicken in the bottom of a greased croc pot/.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours,stiring just once.