Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My husband and I searched for a couple of years for a yummy chili recipe. We tried a few and they weren't what we were looking for. One day, I searched through several recipes and came up with my very own. It has the perfect savory, sweet and spicy combination. Our friends (aka Guinea Pigs) have said that it's the BEST chili they've ever had. Oh and it goes awesome with Mexican Corn bread.
- 2 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 -2 jalapeno (depending on how hot you want it)
- 4 (10 ounce) cans Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce (Traditional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 (12 ounce) baggreen giant niblets frozen corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- shredded cheddar cheese (topper) (optional)
- cilantro (chopped, topper) (optional)
- green onion (sliced, topper) (optional)
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Put all ingredients into a crock pot, mix and slow cook for 6-8 hours.
- Simple and absolutely delicious!