Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from joythebaker.com. It is delicious and healthy breakfast option!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup mango, diced
- milk, to taste
- brown sugar, to taste
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread coconut in a single layer across the sheet. Toast the coconut. Keep a close eye on the coconut, it could burn quickly. Coconut will be browned and fragrant after about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in a small bowl. Place almonds on the baking sheet. Toast almonds for about 6 to 10 minutes, until browned and fragrant. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in a small bowl.
- Rinse dry quinoa. Place quinoa, salt, and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer the quinoa until all of the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally. Turn off the flame and allow quinoa to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine a heaping spoonful of quinoa, applesauce, a sprinkling of almonds and coconut, a generous helping of fresh mango, a sprinkling of sugar and a splash of milk. Enjoy. It’s breakfast.