This Roasted Fresh Chilies Like Poblanos Jalapenos Bell Peppers.. gives four different ways to roast your poblanos.The chili's range in heat so taste a little piece if not to hot go ahead and add some pepper flakes if desired to the filling. Serve as an appetizer, side or a main vegetarian meal.
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted, seeds removed and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large celery (almost one cup sliced)
- 1 large shallot, 1/2 cup diced
- 3 mushrooms, 1 cup diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2-1 cup black beans (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a large pan heat oil.
- Saute celery,shallots, mushrooms, garlic for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and dried spices cook 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for the shredded cheese and chili`s. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your likings.
- Fill chili`s distributing the filling among the halves and place cut side up in the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.