Refried Bean Stuffed Poblanos W/ Cheese
I found this one on the Cooking Light website and I can't wait to try it! Use reduced fat and reduced sodium ingredients to make this as healthy as possible. You can also add chicken to change this from a vegetarian to a carnivore dish.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded (you can also use jalapenos)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelope microwaveable cooked long-grain rice (such as Uncle Ben's Original Ready Rice)
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place chile halves, cut sides up, on a round microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
- While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well. (This is where you would add the chicken if using).
- Spoon bean mixture evenly into chile halves.
- Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
- Uncover chiles, sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese, and microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, if desired.