Recipe by bellamy.lynn
From the cookbook Veganomicon, this is a tasty, healthy salad. Author Moskowitz says that with every bite of this dish, new flavors emerge: "Mango, scallions, cilantro, red peppers, you never know what you're gonna get." I am not a vegan, but made this for a vegan bridal shower. It was my first experience with quinoa, and I enjoyed it very much.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced small
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced as small as you can get it
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (a 15-ounce can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mango, red pepper, scallions, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Add the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, and salt and stir to combine. Add the quinoa and stir until everything is well incorporated. Fold in the black beans. Serve immediately or let it sit for a bit to let the flavors meld.