Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Post Punk Kitchen blog. This recipe is all Isa- just want to share the delicious joy. I love this and so did my husband, but he thought it was too salty so next time I'll wash off the capers and olives or even reduce the amount of capers. Yum, yum, yum! I left out the olive oil and used spray instead.
- 2 -3 cups cooked quinoa
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch tarragon
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped (sliced in half is great)
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 20 ounces crushed tomatoes
- fresh black pepper
- Preheat a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and stir for about a minute, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add herbs, spices and wine; cook for about a minute.
- Add olives, capers and tomatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes. You can serve either by scooping quinoa into individual bowls and pouring the sauce over it, or just mix everything into a bowl together and reserve a little sauce to pour over my serving.
- To cook quinoa:.
- Mix one cup dry quinoa with 2 cups water, bring to a boil then lower heat and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until grain is tender and water has been absorbed.