1/1 Photo of Quinoa Lime Biryani
From Womens Health magazine. Reading through my magazine came across a number of summer salad recipes and they all looked great. I was inspired to make this and the Black Bean Mozarella salad tonight. Doubled the recipes to last for the week. Posted them here so I don't lose them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest lime to produce 1 1/2 tsp zest and then juice both limes.
- 2In a saucepan combine 3 tablespoons lime juice, quinoa, water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 - 20 min until quinoa turns transparent and liquid is absorbed. Cool and place in large bowl.
- 3Add carrots, chickpeas, scallions, almonds and raisins. Toss.
- 4In a small bowl combine 3 Tablespoons lime juice, zest, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/8 teaspoon pepper. Whisk until blended and pour over quinoa. Toss.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Lime Biryani
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 684.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g