Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
I just finished baking this glorious cornbread as the apex of my post-exam celebration. Wonderful things happen to your brain when you're 19 and done exams - like figuring out the perfect recipe for wholegrain blueberry herb cornbread! I'm amazing! I'm also a bit of a health nut so the ingredients are really quirky, but I'm sure you can play around with things to some appropriate degree. Be creative! That's the best part. But I hope you'll enjoy this recipe just as much as I have! ***NOTE: I make 2 loaves out of this amount of batter, because it rises better (more evenly) that way.
- 354.88 ml quinoa flour
- 354.88 ml cornmeal
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 3.30 ml salt
- 7.39 ml caraway seeds
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 2 snack containers of plain unsweetened applesauce
- 158.51 ml soymilk
- 314.66 ml fresh blueberries
- 78.07 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Place a greased 5by9-inch loaf pan into the center of (convection) oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. LEAVE THE THING IN THERE UNTIL THE OVEN IS HEATED UP (5-10 minutes, depending on size of oven).
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa flour, cornmeal, baking powder, caraway seeds, and salt. (I mix this with my clean hands.).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, apple sauce, soy milk, eggs. Add to the flour mixture and stir quickly until well combined. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries and cheddar cheese.
- Working quickly, take the HOT pan out of the oven and pour batter inches Place back in oven immediately and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- You can serve this with butter, if you’re into that kind of thing. SO GOOD.