Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mexican style Capsicum. Healthy recipe packed with protein and flavours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 capsicums, tops off, seeds and pith removed
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 400 g corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Rub 1 tbsp oil over capsicum skin. Season to taste. Arrange cut side up on a tray. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until slightly tender. Add pumpkin seeds to tray for final 2 minutes until puffed and toasted.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat. Fry onion for 1 -2 minutes until tender. Stir in garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add stock and quinoa. bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside, covered for 10 minutes. Stir corn, olives and parsley through.
- Season to taste.
- Fill capsicums with quinoa mixture. Serve topped with avocado and sour cream. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.