Fast,super healthy, delicious. This is great as a side dish or a main meal. I take this for lunch for work all the time.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn (can use fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1. To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro or parsley, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Boil the water in a small saucepan and add corn; reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Return cooking liquid to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add quinoa and cumin; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove quinoa from heat and set aside 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add corn, black beans, tomato, and onion to quinoa. Toss with dressing and chill.