White Bean and Corn Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can small white beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 steamed ear of corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in medium saute pan. When heated, add the onions and garlic. Saute, stirring frequently until the onions are golden brown and are beginning to become translucent. Then add the celery and yellow squash. Continue sauteing, stirring frequently for an addition 5 - 8 minutes, until the squash is softened and browned. Set aside to cool.
- To the beans add the red pepper, corn and basil. When the cooked vegetables are cooled add them as well. Mix well. Add the remaining olive oil and rice vinegar. Mix well to coat all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook and create new recipes for my family. Luckily my family is very adventurous when it comes to food. My husband loves to cook as well and together we make a team to be reckoned with. He is a better technical cook while I am a better at flavor combinations. Some people can picture what a blueprint will look like when it is done, I can taste what a recipe will be like when it is done. <br /> <br />We keep a kosher home so we eat no shellfish or pork and do not mix meat and dairy at the same meal. This sometimes presents challenges in the kitchen but we have learned many tricks to compensate for it. Kosher doesn't have to mean dull or uninspired. I am also slowly moving towards purchasing more and more organic foods. <br /> <br />I think most food tastes better when eaten with those that you love. We try to have dinner together as a family as many nights as we can during the week. <br /> <br />I live in Northern NJ in a beautiful lake community where my day job is a librarian. One of my favorite perks is that I get to order the cookbooks for my library and get a sneak peek at them all!</p>