Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I hope you will like the sweet tang of this chicken dish. It goes so well with couscous or quinoa.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size cubes
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 fresh black pepper, ground
- Spray large skillet with vegetable oil.
- Heat pan.
- Stir-fry onions, carrots, celery, & garlic 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken & stir-fry until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Lower heat to simmer & cook another 5 minutes.