Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This is just a quickie chicken casserole dish that we really enjoy. I know there are many chicken casserole recipes out there. They are all pretty good. This one is made with a Pepperidge Farm Stuffing, bread crumbs, & grated cheese topping. If you like a creamy version of a casserole, stir in 4 oz. sour cream & 4 oz. softened cream cheese before cooking. ** Also, I quickly cube chicken breasts & cook with some olive oil & a full tablespoon of refrigerated chopped garlic in saute' pan then drain off the fluid & add it in.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup, Campbells
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups chicken breasts (cooked & cubed into bite size pieces)
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked (measured 3 cups after cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (this is in addition to the breadcrumbs used in filling)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and spray a 3 Qt casserole dish with butter flavor cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine soup, milk, mozzarella, garlic powder, & pepper. Stir in chicken, bread crumbs and peas & carrots. Slowly stir in elbow pasta.
- Transfer to casserole dish and bake for 20 minute.
- Prepare topping by combining all ingredients in bowl.
- After casserole has cooked for 20 minutes, remove from oven & spread topping evenly over entire casserole.
- Bake an additional 5 minute.