Recipe by hannahactually
A simple, spicy, and delicious stir-fry, this is a great way to get antioxidant-rich green beans in a healthy, easy side dish. From USA Weekend.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
The best green bean recipe in my opinion! This certainly was packed with flavor. I used your above mentioned blackened seasoning (by Miller) and it is my favorite spice mix I've made. The pecans should not be missed. They added so much. My whole family enjoyed, even though my daughter does not like spicy (the pecans were a bit too spicy for her).My son gobbled his beans down before eating anything on his plate. I can't wait to make again! Roxygirl
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon old bay blackening seasoning (or perhaps try #23983 or #121923)
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems ends from green beans.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add green beans to pot.
- Return to boil and cook 1 minute; beans should still be crisp.
- Drain the beans; don't rinse.
- In a large skillet, add oil.
- Heat skillet until very hot.
- Add beans and cook for about 1 minute, turning often.
- Sprinkle on pecans and blackening seasoning.
- Turn beans and pecans to coat with oil and spices.
- Cook 2 more minutes, or until beans and nuts are slightly browned.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!