Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I often make this chili when I'm short on time. It uses mostly pantry ingredients so it's very convenient and fast. It can be simmered longer if you like, but I enjoy the fresher taste of the green peppers when it's served right away.
- 14.79 ml oil
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 538.64 g can red kidney beans
- 297.66 g can condensed tomato soup
- 283.49 g can mushroom pieces
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml dried chipotle powder (or to taste)
- 7.39 ml salt (or to taste)
- Cook beef in oil until almost done.
- Chop onion and green pepper into 1/2" pieces and add to beef. Cook, stirring often 3-5 minutes depending on how soft you want the veggies.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring just to a boil, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer at least 10 minutes.
This was indeed quick and easy. I served it on Angel hair pasta. It's not your everyday spicy chili, but could be if you prefer that by adding additional chipolte powder or minced jalapeno's. I found this to have a nicely mild taste and the condensed soup gave it a hint of sweetness. I followed the recipe as is - with the exception of using fresh mushrooms instead of the canned. Next time I will leave out the beans -only has a personal preference. Very good - thank you!