1/1 Photo of Quick Vegetarian Taco Salad
Here is a fast, cheap, healthy, and easy dinner! Most of the cooking time is actually done within the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb morningstar farms grillers burger style recipe crumbles vegetarian ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (I use Aroostooks' Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head green leaf lettuce or 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces.
- 1/2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 package taco shell (I use El Lago)
- 1Put diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix into a pan on medium-low heat.
- 2Rinse the diced tomato can with 1/4 cup water and add that to pan.
- 3Stir taco mix in thoroughly.
- 4Add the Prime Grillers Crumbles and the corn, and stir occasionally until heated through.
- 5Add the beans and stir just until heated.
- 6While mixture is heating, rinse and pat or spin dry the lettuce, and tear it into bite-size pieces.
- 7Pile the lettuce onto plates, and top with taco mixture.
- 8Top with grated cheese if desired.
- 9Crumble two taco shells on top of each salad.
- 10If you would like extra sauce, make and top with the optional dressing.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vegetarian Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (903 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1632.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix