1/1 Photo of Quick Vegetarian Taco Salad
Here is a fast, cheap, healthy, and easy dinner! Most of the cooking time is actually done within the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb morningstar farms grillers burger style recipe crumbles vegetarian ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (I use Aroostooks' Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cooked kidney bean
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head green leaf lettuce or 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces.
- 1/2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 package taco shell (I use El Lago)
- 1Put diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix into a pan on medium-low heat.
- 2Rinse the diced tomato can with 1/4 cup water and add that to pan.
- 3Stir taco mix in thoroughly.
- 4Add the Prime Grillers Crumbles and the corn, and stir occasionally until heated through.
- 5Add the beans and stir just until heated.
- 6While mixture is heating, rinse and pat or spin dry the lettuce, and tear it into bite-size pieces.
- 7Pile the lettuce onto plates, and top with taco mixture.
- 8Top with grated cheese if desired.
- 9Crumble two taco shells on top of each salad.
- 10If you would like extra sauce, make and top with the optional dressing.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vegetarian Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (913 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1632.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix