Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We LOVE Mexican food. This is a really quick and easy appetizer to make for a last minute party, or have to start a Mexican themed dinner
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (i used pampered chef southwest spice)
- hot sauce (optional)
- tortilla chips, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- Mix ingredients together, and heat over the stove on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust spices to your taste.
- Add hot sauce if using, to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.
Wow this is SO yummy! I used fat free beans and low-fat cheese, and Mrs. Dash southwest instead of chili powder. I loved it! It's a keeper for sure - thank you so much for sharing it!
Absolutely delicious in every way! Mine turned out with just the right thickness, even though I accidentally used almost double the amount of salsa called for (I used Herdez Ranchera sauce). It's just a little bit spicy and hits the spot! Thanks for posting!
Very good. I served this as a side with some sour cream chicken enchiladas, and we used the new gold corn chips. Next time I'll add a little less salsa, as it was thinner than I'd like, but I'm sure that varies with the type of salsa used. The heat-lover in my family had sliced jalapenos on top of his. Thanks for sharing!