Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I altered a recipe my aunt put in our family cookbook because the ingredients I had did not match what it required, but it is a great one dish meal. The original recipe called for sausage 3 potatoes an onion and a bell pepper...
- Cut sausage in half dollar sizes and brown in a skillet with a dash of grease.
- Slice potatoes and layer on top of sausage.
- Mince garlic and evenly cover potatoes.
- Chop cabbage and layer on top of that.
- Add 1/2 cups water cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and if you wish you can add a dash of butter for flavor.
This was so easy and delicious! I didn't add the butter to keep it lower fat, and I used new potatoes. My whole family loved it! Thanks for posting this.