A complete flavourful meal in less than 30 minutes. I can't remember where I found this recipe but it has become a regular weekday meal at our house. For an even quicker meal, substitute Asian greens such as baby bok choy for the mixed peas. Start cooking the rice before beginning the preparation and all should be cooked at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place stock, ginger and soy sauce in a large saucepan which fits a steamer insert. Bring to a boil.
- 2Add chicken tenderloins. Bring back to the boil.
- 3Reduce to a simmer. Place steamer on top of chicken and add snow peas and sugar snap peas.
- 4Steam vegetables 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Remove steamer and stir through snow pea sprouts.
- 5Serve greens on rice, topped with chicken. Spoon stock over generously.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Poached Ginger Chicken on Greens
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 707.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea sprouts