Recipe by Fluffy
I haven't tried this one yet. It looks good and I love pierogies.
Top Review by BrendaM
Made for Pick Your Chef (July 2003) Since DH is a lover of pierogies, I made this for supper one night. I fried the pierogies first to brown them and also added an extra two cloves of garlic! I used potato and bacon pierogies, but I think it would be extremely good with cheese pierogies. Thanks for sharing fluffy!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen pierogies
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- About 45 minutes before serving prepare pierogies as label directs.
- If boiled drain.
- Dice tomatoes, thinly slice onions and mushrooms.
- In a 12 inch skillet over med heat sauté onion mushrooms and garlic in oil until soft and golden.
- Add tomatoes parsley salt and pepper and 1/2 cup water.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 2-quart casserole arrange pierogies and onion mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.