Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and easy to put together! Times include 1 hour chilling time.
- 425 g canned mushrooms or 425 g fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup shallot, chopped (green onions)
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, diced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, diced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Combine salad ingredients and chill well.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad just before serving.
I'm going to give this a four out of five. I think it could have used a wee bit of salt. The olives should be sliced, for certain, to spread out their flavour. It was fresh, but the chick peas stayed unflavoured, even the next day. Not sure, looked beautiful, but I can't say I'd make it again (really, only b/c there are a million other salads to try!). Thanks for posting.