Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found myself with a bunch of leftover brown rice from the night before and a need for a quick and delicious dessert. I had the craving for oatmeal raisin cookies which led me to this somehow!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place rice and raisins in a covered container with water and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove rice and raisins from microwave and keep covered to the side.
- Empty package of pudding and heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk pudding and cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add in cinnamon and nutmeg and continue to whisk until mix is very thick.
- Take the rice and raisins and drain any excess water before adding to the pudding.
- Stir rice and raisins into the pudding until well combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- *Some people may opt to serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top :).