- 2 cups shell macaroni
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices processed mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in 4 cups boiling water for 7-10 minutes,until tender.
- Brown hamburger,adding onions after first few minutes.Drain off-fat,add garlic, tomatoes,and spagetti sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Layer ina 10-cup casserole as follows: 1/2 of the pasta, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 of the sour cream, 1/2 of the cheddar. Top with mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is browned.