Recipe by lazyme
Here is an instant variation on the popular Italian dessert called tiramisu. It can be assembled at the last minute, just after the coffee is made.
Top Review by momaphet
Easy and delicious, I love the combination of the Kahlua, coffee and ice cream. For the cake I used a brown sugar genoise that complimented the coffee flavors. Made for the 2014 Culinary Quest.
- 1 lb cake, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 4 ounces freshly brewed coffee, preferably espresso
- 2 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- bittersweet chocolate, grated
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)