Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is an instant variation on the popular Italian dessert called tiramisu. It can be assembled at the last minute, just after the coffee is made.
- 1 lb cake, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 4 ounces freshly brewed coffee, preferably espresso
- 2 large scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- bittersweet chocolate, grated
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- Place cake slices in shallow dessert bowls.
- Moisten with coffee.
- Top each with one scoop of ice cream.
- Pour the Kahlua over ice cream.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate or cocoa.
- Serve immediately.
Easy and delicious, I love the combination of the Kahlua, coffee and ice cream. For the cake I used a brown sugar genoise that complimented the coffee flavors. Made for the 2014 Culinary Quest.