Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful-tasting dish, and easy to make dish. (note: although the noodles from the packaged mix could be added to the mixture without pre-boiling, but I find that they remain hard, it is better to cook them separately, then just add to mixture before serving.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta, for lasagna
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups hot water (more for a thinner sauce, less for a thicker sauce)
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with onion and garlic, until beef is no longer pink; drain off any fat Mix in the Parmesan cheese into the beef mixture.
- Stir in ingredients of the Hamberger Helper (do not add the noodles, they are to be boiled separately), water, mozzarella cheese, tomato, bell pepper and oregano.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, adding more water to obtain a desired thickness; simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the noodles from the Hamberger Helper package, until firm-tender.
- Add to the cooked hamberger mixture; mix well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
This meal was great! The only change I might make is to add the mozz. later because some melted to the bottom of the pan. Overall it tasted great! Everyone liked it in my house!
Very good, easy dinner! I used 2 cups water & added some egg noodles to it to suit my picky BF (he likes it thick). It was delish!! Reminded me of a cross between pizza & lasagna, served with garlic bread and a salad and we had a great meal in no time! Thanks again Kittencal, it's a keeper!!
I loved this recipe for its convenience!! Very quick and easy to make. I substituted canned diced tomatoes for the regular tomato. It was all I had on hand.