I was on my own for dinner last night, so I decided to take advantage of the situation and cook something that hubby won't eat, cause of those darn cooked tomatoes! I'm on a healthy eating nutrition program right now, and I was really pleased with how filling and delicious this meal was while still fitting into my diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in oil in a 9" saute pan until softened and slightly caramelized.
- 2Add tomatoes and enchilada sauce and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. (I used canned tomatoes which had juice, you might need to add some more enchilada sauce or water if using fresh tomatoes. You want to wind up with enough sauce so that the eggs can be poached in the sauce.).
- 3Meanwhile, heat the corn tortillas over the stove burner set on low, flipping and being careful not to burn. (I have gas burners, I'm not sure if you can do this with electric burners.).
- 4Spread the refried beans over the corn tortillas and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, are until the beans are heated.
- 5Once the sauce has come to a boil, turn heat down to medium low and break the eggs directly into the sauce. Cover pan and cook until the eggs are done to your liking. (I like my eggs soft cooked, so this only took a few minutes for me.).
- 6To serve, pick up each egg with a large spoon and place on the tortilla. Then pour the rest of the sauce over the eggs and top with the cheese and green onion.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Huevos Rancheros for One
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 431.0 mg
- Sodium 1034.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 25.9 g