Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a snap to assemble, especially if you use leftover chicken or a deli rotisserie chicken. I like to serve it in pita pockets or lettuce cups. Chill time is not included in cook time.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cooled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup matchstick carrot
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup diced apple (any variety you like)
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well coated.
- Chill at least one hour- the longer, the better.
For this VERY TASTY SALAD, I shredded the carrot, toasted the nuts & used a Fuji apple! Oh, yeah, & I used a rounded measure of the cranberries [LOVE THOSE BUGGERS]! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]