Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am a huge fan of pumpkin so this cake is a favorite of mine, especially in the Fall. When serving for guests, I use my fancy William Sonoma small flower shaped bundt pans (6 indiviual bundts per pan) and dust each one with powdered sugar. They are always a big hit. Enjoy, fellow pumpkin lovers!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix, pumpkin, sour cream, eggs, sugar, water and 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- In small bowl, combine reserved cake mix, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pie spice. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right side up. Cool completely.
I also love anything pumpkin. This was very easy to make, had a light, airy texture and was mildly spiced (which I prefer). Also, not too sweet. Thanks for posting.