Recipe by Ginny Ax
This recipe came from a lady who used to make this for a bingo consession stand. It is soo good and soo easy. The hardest part is finding plain chocolate cake mix in a box! But I am sure you substitute a homemade chocolate cake as well. Just make sure it is plain chocolate because anything else (devils food, double choc, etc.) may be too rich. If you want, you could substitute light or sugar free items in order to be a little healthier.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding (dry)
- 2 -3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake as directed on box. (I always use the 13x9 pan.).
- In a medium bowl, mix the cool whip, pudding, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake with the frosting. Put in the refrigerator for an hour or so (to give the frosting time to set up).
- * Optional- If you like, you may drizzle chocolate syrup across the top for a pretty presentation.
- ** Cooking time includes chill time.