Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I want hummus that is more of a dip consistency I use plain yogurt. When I want it to be more of a spread, I use light cream cheese for a richer effect. It can all be made in a blender, and is the quickest side dish that we repeatedly make.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix beans, sesame seeds, lemon juice, cream cheese, olive oil, and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Scoop out and sprinkle with paprika.
- Drizzle some olive oil over it for a more elegant effect.
Great taste, but very dry and crumbly as written. I had to add 3 Tbls. of LF sour cream (I was out of yogurt) in addition to the light cream cheese to get it to hold together. We all loved the finished result. I served it with both Homemade Tortilla Chips and No-Fry Tortilla Chips.