Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
May the luck of the Irish be with you - even if you don't have time for a 'real' St. Patty's Day dinner! My DD found this recipe on one of the cooking shows on The Food Network. Paired with boiled potatoes and rye bread, it's a good quick meal. If you have any leftovers, it's even better the second day. For an even quicker one-pot dinner, do not serve with potatoes, but use 2 or 3 cans of corned beef hash in place of the meat.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp (If your family really likes bacon you can use a whole pound, but if you do be sure to pour off half of the grease).
- Remove bacon and drain.
- Add cabbage and water to bacon grease and cook until tender.
- (Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice corned beef and lay on top of cabbage (if using hash, spoon on top).
- Crumble bacon over all.
- Cover and cook on low heat until corned beef is warmed.