Made this last night from leftovers and pantry items. Turned out GREAT! The "sauce" is finished in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small strips crosswise
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jar progresso alfredo sauce
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup locatelli cheese
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1begin cooking penne according to package directions.
- 2In a large deep frying pan heat olive oil and add green peppers and garlic, sauté about two minutes then add asparagus, sautee until crisp tender.
- 3Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4Sprinkle paprika, oregano, salt and pepper over chicken pieces.
- 5Add to the hot pan and sauté until no longer pink.
- 6Return the peppers and asparagus to the pan stir together with chicken.
- 7Add the alfredo sauce and the the chopped roasted peppers and stir.
- 8Bring back to a simmer and add the basil and cheese.
- 9Immediately turn off and continue to stir.
- 10Drain pasta and return to large cooking pot.
- 11Pour sauce over pasta and return to heat for about two minutes stirring frequently.
- 12Serve with additional grated cheese on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Chicken and Pasta Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers