Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made this last night from leftovers and pantry items. Turned out GREAT! The "sauce" is finished in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small strips crosswise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jarprogresso alfredo sauce
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup locatelli cheese
- 1 lb penne pasta
- begin cooking penne according to package directions.
- In a large deep frying pan heat olive oil and add green peppers and garlic, sauté about two minutes then add asparagus, sautee until crisp tender.
- Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle paprika, oregano, salt and pepper over chicken pieces.
- Add to the hot pan and sauté until no longer pink.
- Return the peppers and asparagus to the pan stir together with chicken.
- Add the alfredo sauce and the the chopped roasted peppers and stir.
- Bring back to a simmer and add the basil and cheese.
- Immediately turn off and continue to stir.
- Drain pasta and return to large cooking pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta and return to heat for about two minutes stirring frequently.
- Serve with additional grated cheese on the side.