Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick supper idea on busy days. By the time the pasta is done cooking, the sauce is ready to add to the pasta. Frozen mixed veggies or frozen peas, thawed would be a great addition to this, adding to the cream sauce or cooking the veggies with the pasta. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1987)
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Prepare pasta according to package direcions. Drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon, pour off all dripping except for 1 tablespoon.
- Add cream and pepper flakes to skillet and heat until warm (3-5 minutes).
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and 1/2 cup Parmesan together.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl and stir in egg mixture,cream mixture and melted butter. Stir in bacon and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over pasta.
Very very yummy and such a quick dish. I'd never had this with the red pepper flakes in it before but it gave it a nice bite. Thanks for posting.