From Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites. We all love this.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, uncooked
- 8 slices bacon
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (or a cup of fresh)
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tbl. drippings in skillet. Coarsely crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook green onions and mushrooms in drippings in skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Drain pasta, and place in a serving bowl. Stir egg yolks into hot pasta immediately after draining it. Stir in bacon, green onions and mushrooms, cheese and pepper; toss. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I cooked 2 batches of sauce, one as written,the other with chopped spinach sauteed in olive oil in place of bacon.Stirred in beaten eggs into the spaghetti,divided the pasta,added each sauce, and voila! Meal for the entire family with just a little tweeking for medical reasons.I will make again. Perfect!This meal fits! No one is left out.1Reply