1/5 Photos of Quick BBQ Garlic Mushrooms
Peter J's Note:
This is a technique I came up with quite accidentally and it's not so much the ingredients listed below that matter but the technique that gives a quick way to cook mushrooms on a barbecue or in a pan that have that nice moist texture throughout just like they were slowly cooked in an oven. I'm sure all the lovely stuffed garlic mushroom recipes on 'zaar will work well this way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the mushrooms field mushrooms are best but make sure they are nice and round in shape rather than flat. Remove the stems.
- 2Stuff the mushrooms full of garlic, don't be scared because anyone that doesn't like you with garlic breath probably didn't like you to begin with!
- 3Drizzle some olive oil over each mushroom.
- 4Place on a lightly oiled barbecue plate at medium temperature for a minute or two with the cup of the mushroom facing up. Check occasionally and cook until it is lightly browned on the bottom.
- 5Flip the mushroom over and cook a further two minutes on the other side.
- 6After two minutes flip again, scooping any lost garlic back into the cup of the mushroom (very important!).
- 7Now use a pair of tongs and tap each mushroom lightly in around ten places around the outside area. This is the trick and you should see the juices rising to the top and is what gives a juicy rather than dry flavor.
- 8Cook around another five minutes depending on barbecue temperature. Sometimes I like to turn the plate off at this point and leave for slowly cook for around ten minutes instead.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick BBQ Garlic Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g