Recipe by CindyMarie
This is a flavorful soup that is quick and easy to put together. It is from the Iowa Beef Industry Council. The recipe originally called for using two seasoning packets from the ramen noodles, but we thought it was too strong and salty, I recommend using one to start then adding more to taste.
Top Review by mama smurf
Quick easy and delicious. I followed the recipe only cutting the recipe in half for DH and I and we totally enjoyed the soup. Next time I might blanch a few vegetables to try for the frozen but this is an easy dish. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4 to 1/8 inch think
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth (the ready to serve kind)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen oriental-style vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack beef steaks; cut lenghtwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Set aside.
- Remove seasoning packets from ramen noodles; set aside.
- Combine broth, water, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and vegetables in stockpot. Bring to boil.
- Stir in noodles. Bring to boil.
- Cook and stir for three minutes, then stir in steak slices and contents of 1-2 seasoning packets,
- Immediately remove from heat. Cover and let stand for five minutes.