Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a jiffy recipe that can be a light snack when one is intolerably hungry. My brother, a non-veg lover, loves this one! I think it can also be had for lunch with rotis and white Basmati rice.
- 1 chicken, cut into medium-sized pieces,washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 -5 green chilies, slit
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs mint leaves, broken by hand
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well so as to coat the chicken pieces in the lemon juice-salt mixture.
- Remove the stems of the green chillies.
- Slit them vertically.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Allow to crackle.
- Add the green chillies.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add chicken pieces and roast for sometime.
- Add yogurt and chopped corriander leaves.
- Cook till the chicken is done.
- Add mint leaves.
- Serve hot with bread.
So simple and so full of flavor. I didn't have green chilies so i substituted tobasco sauce, still thought it was awesome!
I loved this very good followed exactly but omited the mint great dish