Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and tasty dinner salad!
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 14.78 ml canola oil
- 340.19 g sirloin steak
- 3 jalapenos or 3 serrano chili peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 orange
- 29.58 ml dry roasted peanuts
- Stir together soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Core lettuce and thinly slice. Arrange on individual serving plates.
- Mince the garlic. Remove stem and seeds from peppers and mince. Peel the orange, remove the white pith, and coarsely chop. Thinly slice the beef. Chop the peanuts.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Quickly stir-fry beef in batches until browned on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook peppers and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet and stir until well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped orange.
- Spoon mixture over lettuce and sprinkle chopped peanuts over top. Serve warm.
I totally loved this recipe! It's so easy but has an amazing amount of flavor. I loved how the sauce caramelized and coated the meat. Made just as directed & it was perfect for a light meal on our first 100 degree day of the year! :D Thanks for sharing, loof! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes!
Made 'pretty' much as written . . . except, used leftover portion of a tenderloin and romaine lettuce. Also added a bit of a Thai mixture (peppers, cilantor, ginger and lemon grass in a tube). We both loved it! Made for ZWT#6
OK - made a significant variation on this - I used white meat chicken strips as I had that on hand from another recipe I made. Having said that - this salad was delicious. Bold, 'clean' flavours with the Thai flavour my family especially loves. I've had the beef version, so I know what I'm missing, but people, using cooked chicken in this ain't half bad! Thanks for a great recipe.