Recipe by LDSMom128
I saw this on another website, Visual Recipes. They show recipes with step-by-step pictures with them! It looks so easy and will definitely be kid/family friendly. For those like me who don't normally have heavy cream on hand, I would think that canned milk, or even just whole milk would be fine in exchange for the cream. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces medium pasta shells or 10 ounces elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- When you have a nicely boiling pot of water, add the dried pasta and about 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile. add the diced onion to another pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute and the garlic aroma is strong. Add the flour and stir into the onions and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the seasonings and the cream. Bring the cream to a boil. Add the cheese and combine well.
- Drain the pasta and combine the sauce with it and stir and combine well. You might want to save some of the pasta water and add if the sauce is too thick to thin it out some. It's great to add if needed instead of plain water.