This is a quick and easy casserole I made up. It's great for people on the go. Everyone I have made it for has enjoyed it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) can Campbell's chunky ready to serve vegetable soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant potato flakes (any flavor)
- butter (according to potato flake directions)
- milk (according to potato flake directions)
- 1 -2 cup cheese, shredded (I like monterey jack and cheddar.)
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions, using 1-2 packages depending on how thick you want them to be on top of casserole.
- Mix ground beef, vegetable stew, and mixed vegetables in large mixing bowl.
- Layer ground beef/ veggie mixture on bottom of large baking dish.
- Spread layer of potatoes on top of beef mixture making as thick as you would like.
- Top with 1-2 cups cheese according to taste.
- Bake at 350F 15-20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and casserole is heated through.