Perfectly quick and easy. Another option is to mash/puree and chill for an extremely tasty bean dip.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 jalapeno chiles, chopped fine (seeds removed if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In sauté pan heat garlic in oil on medium heat.
- Add onion and jalapeño as oil begins to warm.
- Add oregano and cumin and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, adding a few drops of water if they begin to stick.
- Add contents of cans of black beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, to allow flavors to blend.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice and stir.