1/4 Photos of Quick and Easy Seasoned Black Beans
Sue Lau's Note:
Perfectly quick and easy. Another option is to mash/puree and chill for an extremely tasty bean dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 jalapeno chiles, chopped fine (seeds removed if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1In sauté pan heat garlic in oil on medium heat.
- 2Add onion and jalapeño as oil begins to warm.
- 3Add oregano and cumin and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, adding a few drops of water if they begin to stick.
- 4Add contents of cans of black beans and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, to allow flavors to blend.
- 6Add chopped cilantro and lime juice and stir.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Seasoned Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g